Here is my take on an American ingredient! This is a great way to preserve cranberries in the form of a Goan style pickle. These remind me a lot of the "kanta" in taste when it comes their pickle!
1. Wash and dry the cranberries. Cut into halves.
2. Place the cranberries in a sterile jar layering cranberries and 1 teaspoon of salt at a time. Shake the jar well so that salt mixes well with the cranberries.
3. Heat oil. You can used oil of your choice. I used avacado oil. Add split mustard seeds and asafetida. Turn the flame off.
4. Add the red chili powder, kashmiri chili powder and turmeric. Mix well. This is your masala.
5. Add this to the jar with cranberry and salt. Mix well. Store in the refrigerator. It will last at least one and a half month.