Spicy and hot mushroom biryani from south indian cuisine
1. To prepared rice for Biryani : Wash and soak the rice in 2 cups of water for 30 minutes. Drain the rice after 30 mins and keep aside.
2. Take a pan with thick base. Heat the oil in pan and add one clove, one Bay leave and one black pepper. Add the drained rice and fry for 1-2 mins and then add 3 cups of water, cook on high flame for 4-5 mins and then lower the heat to medium.
3. Once rice is cooked about 80%, turn off the gas and removed the excess water from the rice and keep aside.
4. To prepared Mushroom Masala for biryani : Make smooth paste of onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, some coriander and one Clove, one Black Pepper.
5. Heat oil in pan and add Cardamom, Cinnamon and remaining Clove, Bay leave and black pepper, then add paste made above, mix well and cook for 4-6 mins till oil separates from the paste.
6. Add all the dry masala powders and mix well, then add mushrooms and mix well again.
7. Cover the pan and cook for 10-15 mins, stir occasionally. Now add some chopped coriander and turn off the heat.
8. You can make layers of Mushroom masala and rice or pour the rice directly on top of the mushroom. Let the rice and masala stream on low gas for 5 mins with covered lid.