Loutolim Biscuit is a famous biscuit from a bakery in the village of Loutolim in Goa. This brings back so many fond memories of summer holidays! It is also called Palmier or elephant ear cookies.
1. Thaw the pastry sheets. Roll them out evenly. Sprinkle with a layer of sugar.
2. Roll both ends as shown. Apply egg wash when it comes to the center.
3. Roll and press down firmly. Put this roll in the refrigerator for 10 minutes. In the mean time reheat the oven to 400 degree F. Grease the baking sheet with oil.
4. Remove the roll after 10 minutes and cut into pieces of equal thickness as shown. The thickness should be around 1/3 of an inch. Dip this in the sugar.
5. Place on the greased baking sheet. Open the ends as shown to form a heart. Cook in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. Turn and cook for another 10 minutes on the opposite side.
6. Remove and place on a cooling rack. Enjoy with tea! You can store them in a air tight container for around a week (if you can resist them that is!)