An all time coastal andhra favorite-sweet and sour yam stew served with Rice, Muddha pappu(Toor dal),ghee, Aavakai(Mango Pickle) and Papadum.
1. In a pressure cooker, Heat oil . Add Chana Dal and Urad Dal and roast until they are light brown.
2. Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and fry till the seeds splutter. Add the chopped curry leaves, red chilies and garlic and fry well.
3. Add the onions,Yams and drumstick pieces and Saute for 2-5 minutes.
4. Add water, tamarind paste, salt and jaggery stir and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles( approximately 30 minutes).
5. Pressure cook Toor dal with 3 cups of water for 3-4 whistles and turn off the stove.Let the steam leave and mix salt. Serve with pulusu.