Bengali love their mutton curry. This recipe is for authentic mutton curry or Kosha Mangsho
- Cuisine Bengali
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 3 hour(s)
1. Marinate Mutton overnight with Curd (2 Table spoon), Haldi (1/2 teaspoon), Mustard Oil (1 Tablespoon), Chopped Green chili (3), Chopped Tomato (2 medium), Onion paste (1/2 onion), Garlic Paste, Salt (1 tea spoon)
2. Cut the potatoes(each into four pieces) and remaining onion(chop), and keep the spices available.
3. Heat 3 Tablespoon of oil in a pressure cooker. Mix 1/4 tea spoon of turmeric powder with the cut potatoes. Fry them and keep aside.
4. To the left over oil, add dalchini - 1 stick, small cardamon (Green Elaichi) 5, and cloves(Laung) - 5. 5. Add chopped onion and fry till it turns pink
5. Add 1 teaspoon garam masala and 1/2 tea spoon red chili powder. Fry the masala for 2-3 minutes. Then add the marinated mutton. Mix it well.
6. Cook it under medium flame for 20-25mins till all the water is released. Keep stirring every 4-5 mins and check that it does not stick at the bottom.
7. Add 1 cup of water. Close the lid and let it whistle for 3-4 times (good long whistles under medium flame)
8. Turn off the stove. Wait till all the pressure is release. Open the cover and add 1 teaspoon of garam masala, salt to taste, and 1 tablespoon of ghee. Add the fried potatoes. Cover the cooker with lid and allow for 1 more whistle under low flame.
9. Turn off the stove. Wait till the pressure is released.