Rich in protein, soya serves as a great alternative for vegetarians. This simple and easy fix is a must try and can be eaten with any curry, raita or simply plain!
1. Take 6 cups of water with 1 tablespoon salt in a vessel. Bring to a boil. Then add the soya chunks. Let boil for 5 minutes. Drain extra water, set aside to cool. Once completely cooled, squeeze out as much water as possible from the chunks. Set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium flame. Roast the whole garam masala (cinnamon, cardamom, pepper, cloves, kasuri methi). Add green peas and saute for a minute.
3. Chop the onion and carrot. Add to the spices and peas.
4. Wash and drain the rice. Add 1 more tablespoon oil to the spices and vegetables saute. Add the rice, saute for 5 minutes. Transfer into pressure cooker, add 3 cups water, salt to taste and let cook until 2 whistles.
5. Open pressure cooker only after all the steam has escaped, add the soya sauce and soya chunks. This would also be a good time to check and add salt if deficient. Give it a nice and gentle stir. Garnish with coriander and serve!