This popular Indian dessert is native Bihar, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Karnataka. It is made by condensing the milk and adding sugar. It is served chilled or warm and garnish with dry fruits.
1. Bring the milk to boil on a wide deep pan.
2. Cook on slow flame by stirring occasionally to an hour.
3. The milk will start thickening and turning light brown. Add sugar to it and keep on slow flame.
4. Stir continuously, scraping the sides of pan and add cardamom powder till the volume reduces to half and it thickens enough to become semi-liquid. This can take from an hour to 2.
5. Add raisins or sliced pistachios as per choice to garnish it. Serve warm or chilled as a dessert.