Simple flavorful baby potato, roasted with aromatic spices.
1. Boil the baby potatoes upto 80%. Peal the skin off and keep aside.
2. Heat the pan on median flame and dry roast the urad daal for 5 minutes and then add dry red chillies, black paper, cumin seeds. Roast all the dry spices for another 3-4 minutes.
3. Allow all roasted ingredients to cool down and then ground them to make a coarse powder. Don't make a smooth powder.
4. Now heat the oil in pan and add mustard seed and cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle, then add curry leaves, Asafoetida followed by cubed onion. Cook for 4-5 minutes and then add potatoes and stir well.
5. Stir for 6-8 minutes and add the coarsely grounded dry spices powder and salt. Stir for another 5 mins.
6. Garnish with coriander and serve hot.