An all time favorite authentic Goan Chicken Curry.
- Cuisine Goan
- Course Main Course
- Serves 8
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 1 hour(s) 10 minute(s)
1. Clean chicken and cut into small pieces. Apply salt and keep aside. Grind ginger, garlic, coriander leaves and turmeric powder. Then apply to the chicken.
2. In a frying pan put 3 tbsp oil, add sliced onions and heat till soft then add grated coconut along and roast till brown for approximately 15 minutes . Then grind all the ingredients into a paste.
3. Heat a tablespoon oil and roast chilies lightly . Transfer to a plate. In the same pan roast cardamom, nutmeg, coriander seeds, aniseed. Mix the roasted chilies. Next, sprinkle a little oil if necessary, and roast coriander seeds, mace, aniseed and poppy seeds and mace very lightly. And mix all the roasted spices together along with the previous coconut mixture to form a fine paste.
4. Take a large pan, melt ghee, fry onions and garlic till tender.
5. Add marinated chicken, and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or till the water starts to evaporate.
6. Mix spice coconut paste into the meat and Cook for 10 minutes.
7. Stir and cook for further 15 minutes till chicken is cooked and the desired gravy consistency is achieved. Garnish with coriander leaves