A mouth watering and fiery coconut based curry that is completed by the addition of succulent shrimp. A truly satisfying Goan dish.
1. Prep your spices to save time while cooking.
2. Marinate the shrimp for 1/2 hour with Ginger/Garlic paste and salt.
3. Grind the Coconut, Kashmiri Chilies, Garlic, Coriander, Cumin and Turmeric to a thick paste.
4. Saute the chopped onions and add the chicken stock cube when the onions are almost fully cooked.
5. Add the spice paste to the onions and fry for a few minutes.
6. Add the shrimp along with a cup of water and let cook for around 10 minutes.
7. Strain the tamarind and add it to the curry along with a cup of coconut milk. Cook for an additional 5 minutes or so.
8. Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!