This is one of my most requested dishes by my lovely daughter. She likes the eggs to be whole, and not to be broken in the gravy (see variation), because it's messy that way. :)
1. Hard-boil, peel and prep the 8 eggs.
2. Grind together: 6 red chillies, 4 cloves garlic, 1 tsp coriander seeds, 1 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1/2 tsp cumin and 3 tbsp desiccated coconut.
3. Grind to a smooth thick paste.
4. Finely chop one medium sized onion and sauté till brown.
5. Add the spice paste to the sautéed onions and fry for another 3 - 5 minutes.
6. To this mix add 1/4 cup tamarind concentrate and one cube of chicken stock.
7. Add two cups of coconut milk.
8. Bring to a boil and then add the eggs to the gravy.
9. Let the curry cook on low heat for around 10 minutes. Test for salt, and add more if required. Garnish with some finely chopped coriander.
10. That's it, you're done. Enjoy on steamed rice!
11. A variation, and my personal preference would be to break raw eggs into the gravy at the time of adding the hard boiled eggs. It gives the curry a whole other spin. Experiment and see which version you prefer more. :)