A great brinjal pickle recipe that works well with any Indian dish. A unique and delicious sweet and spicy pickle, blending aubergines with authentic spices. Once you try this pickle, you will love it. Seriously, give it a go and see what all the fuss is about. It tastes great with Goan fish curry rice.
- Cuisine Goan
- Course Pickles
- Serves 20
- Method Deep-fry
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Wash brinjals, wipe and dry them completely.
2. Cut brinjals into small cubes and apply salt.
3. After 6 hours drain water from brinjals completely. Deep fry the brinjals till golden brown.
4. Grind the masala using the ingredients mentioned.(For the masala paste)
5. In another pan, Fry the curry leaves, garlic and ginger for 2 mins.
6. Add the grounded masala paste. Fry for 10 mins on low flame. Add the salt and sugar.
7. Add the fried brinjals pieces and cook for 15 mins on low flame. Cool completely and store in glass jars.