A Hindu Goan way of making fish curry with one of my absolutely favorite fish, Pomfret. The fish can be replaced with Kingfish as well.
1. Cut, clean and wash pomfret. Add 1/4 tablespoon salt mix well and keep aside.
2. For the paste: Add grated coconut, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander seeds and water in a mixer. Make a paste till the coconut is finely ground.
3. Soak the kokum in 2 tablespoons of water for about 5 minutes.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds. Once seeds turn slightly brown add onions and sauté till they caramelize.
5. Add the paste and cook till it comes to a boil. Once the curry comes to a boil add in the fish.
6. Add the remaining amount of salt and kokum along with the water. Stir well once.
7. Cover and let the curry come to a boil. Do not over stir the curry as the fish is very delicate and might flake apart.
8. Enjoy hot with rice.