We use tilapia for this recipe to make a simple Goan fish curry. Please note you can replace the tilapia with any other fish like Mackreal, pomfret, kingfish etc
1. Cut the tilapia is small rectangle pieces and add turmeric , red chilli powder
2. Add oil to a pan and sautee. Till there is a brown coat over the fish. This prevents the fish from breaking up in the curry
3. In a pot add oil, curry leaves, onion and sautee till onion is transcluent
4. Then add tomato and sautee till tomato is orange
5. Then add the red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder and coconut milk and stir till uniform paste
6. In a bowl soak tamarind and use a strainer and add the juice into the curry.
7. Then add the previously fried fish and let it cook for 5-10 minutes