Popular Indian street snacks made of lentil fritters in yogurt and spices. this dish is popular in Maharashtra and Gujarat
1. Soak daal overnight or 4-5 hrs in water. Drain the water and grind daal, green chillies, ginger with little water to a smooth fluffy batter. Then add salt to the batter and mix it well.
2. Heat oil for deep frying. Pour spoonful batter in oil and fry it golden brown.
3. Soak the vadas in water for 15 mins till the size doesn't increase and their color changes slightly.
4. Squeeze out water from vada by gently pressing the vada between your palms.
5. Beat the curd/yogurt by adding little water to remove the thickness of curd.
6. Dip the vadas into the beaten curd and pour sweet tamarind chutney(see receipe on bongong.com) on top. Sprinkle with red chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and black salt.