Dhakai Parathas are flaky layered parathas that can be eaten with curry of your choice.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all purpose flour and 1.5 cup whole wheat flour. Add salt, yogurt and 1 tablespoon ghee. Add water and knead into a soft dough. Let the dough sit for 10 minutes.
2. Roll the dough out as shown below. Cut into 14 equal parts.
3. Roll the cut dough pieces into balls as shown. You will need the 1/3 cup flour while rolling the parathas. Apply flour to the rolling surface and roll the dough ball into a medium sized roti.
4. Add ghee to this roti. Then begin folding the roti as shown, in a alternate wave like pattern.
5. Now stretch the folded dough out a little and begin rolling into a pinwheel pattern.
6. Press the rolled pinwheels with your palm. Now roll out the paratha until thin.
7. On a hot tawa, fry the paratha on both sides. Enjoy hot with curry of your choice.