Dosakaya pappu(yellow cucumber dal) is one of Andhrites favorite dishes.
- Cuisine Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 6
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 25 minutes
1. In a pressure cooker, heat some oil and add the cumin, mustard, red chili, green chili, garlic and curry leaves and saute till mustard and curry leaves splutters.
2. Add the onions, turmeric and salt and saute for a minute till onions begin to get translucent.
3. Add the chopped cucumber and saute for a minute.
4. Add the tomatoes, tamarind and asafoetida and saute for a minute.
5. Add the toor dal,3-4 cups water and pressure cook for 4 whistles ( approximately 25 minutes),let the steam go and gently stir the curry so that the cucumber pieces don't get mashed and dal gets mashed. Serve with rice or Roti