A kid friendly recipe with a Goan base and a couple of my own twists thrown in for good measure.
1. Pre-cook 1 kg ground beef with 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste. Add one cup water to the mix in order to prevent the ground beef from clumping.
2. Sauté 2 medium onions with the Cumin and 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
3. Once the onions caramelize, add the remaining spices and half dozen curry leaves. Fry for a couple minutes.
4. Add a cup of chopped tomatoes to the mix.
5. Drop in a cube of chicken or beef stock.
6. Add the pre-cooked meat to the spice mix along with one cup water.
7. Fry the mix for a few minutes and then add 3 medium potatoes cut in 1 inch cubes.
8. Cover and let simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes.
9. Add one cup of frozen or fresh peas, 2 tbsp vinegar and test for salt. Add as required. Cook for an additional 10 mins or until potatoes turn soft.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander or parsley, and you're done! Enjoy with steamed rice or bread.