Crispy, flaky shells made with a spicy filling from moong dal which is high in protein.
1. Let Moong dal soak in water for 3 hrs.
2. In a frying pan, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cooking oil on medium heat. Add soaked moong dal in frying pan , saute till moisture goes away .
3. Add garam masala, red chilli powder, cumin & coriander powder, fennel seeds ,sugar and salt to taste. Roast fully for 5 to 7 minutes.
4. Close it with lid for 2 to 3 minutes. Again remove lid and stir it.
5. Let the mixture cool down and then grind it in blender.Take mixture in bowl and mix chopped coriander leaves in it.
6. Prepare dough -- Mixing wheat flour , semolina and refined flour with cooking oil and then add water to it so it will become cohesive mixture. Rest it for an hour. Then make small round balls of it. Make small round roti from it as shown. Fill the stuffing in it. And close it from all sides as shown.
7. Heat cooking oil in a pan and then deep fry kachoris on low gas flame . Once golden brown Kachoris are ready to eat.