Here is the recipe to sweet deep fried bread mostly found in Goan local restaurants. Originally from Mangalore, this sweet bread is usually eaten for breakfast or as an evening snack.
1. In a mixing bowl take 3 cups maida, powdered sugar, salt and baking soda. Add curd and cumin seeds.
2. In a bowl mash 2 overripe bananas. Add this to the flour mixture.
3. Knead everything well together. Apply 2 tablespoons of oil and knead again for 10 minutes. Set the dough aside for at least 4 hours. Then knead once more for 5 minutes.
4. Make small balls out of the dough. Apply some flour to the balls.
5. Roll the dough into small circular shaped puris.
6. Heat oil for deep frying. Add these puris to the oil once hot and fry till golden brown on both sides.
7. Remove on a paper towel to soak access oil. Enjoy hot for breakfast or as an evening snack.