Mutton cooked with fenugreek seeds in a mild spicy curry.
- Cuisine Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 15
- Method Slow-cook
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Marinate the mutton with salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, lemon juice and ginger garlic paste for at least 45 minutes.
2. Remove whole garam masala (black cumin, cloves, cinnamon, black pepper, green cardamon, coriander seeds and dry red chilies) in a plate. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan, add in the garlic cloves and saute till brown. Then add in the onions.
3. Next add the tomatoes once the onions begin to brown. Add this mixture along with whole garam masala mixture and fenugreek seeds in a mixer.
4. Blend into a fine paste. Heat one tablespoon oil and add bay leaf, black cardamom and star anise.
5. Add in the marinated meat and let it brown on both sides. Add in the paste.
6. Mix well. Add in the stock cube.
7. Cook on a slow flame till the mutton is tender. It takes around 2 hours.