Misal pav is a traditional marathi dishmade with a spicy curry and topped with Sev, onions, lemon and coriander
1. Chop the Tomato, Onion, ginger, green chillies.Add chopped Tomato, Onion , Garlic , Ginger, Coriander leaves, Garam masala, Turmeric powder, Cumin and Coriander Powder , Red Chili Powder & salt in the grinder. Grind it till it forms a paste.
2. Put pan on the stove, add oil. Once the pan is hot, add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds , Asafetida powder, Turmeric ,Sugar and Garam masala in the pan.
3. Once cumin and mustard seeds start spluttering, add the ground paste in the pan.Saute it till it gets oily and then let the paste cook for about a minute.
4. Add boiled water into paste and stir continuously.
5. In a pressure cooker, add sprouts, pinch of salt ,turmeric powder and potato. Let it cook for 3 whistles (approximately 15 minutes)
6. Once the potatoes are cooked . Let them cool, then peel and mash boiled potatoes .
7. Add sprouts and mashed potatoes to already prepared gravy. Let it cook for approximately 5 minutes.
8. To serve misal pav: In a bowl add the poha chivda , dry mixed farsan (mixture) to it.
9. Add gravy to this dish and garnish with chopped onion and coriander leaves.
10. Now Misal is ready for serve .Serve it with lemon wedges and pau (bread) .