Crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, a perfect tea time snack from Karnataka made with rice flour and maida.
- Cuisine Kannada
- Course Breakfast
- Serves 10
- Method Deep-fry
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 1 hour(s) 15 minute(s)
1. In a bowl mix maida, rice flour, salt, and baking soda.
2. Add butter milk and mix to make thick paste.
3. Finely chop green chillies and ginger, and add to the mix along with the cumin seeds and give one last mix. You could also add 2 tablespoons of small fresh coconut pieces.
4. Set aside for 30 minutes at least in order to let the dough rise and ferment.
5. Heat oil. Once hot make small rounds of the dough as shown below and fry in the oil. Fry on both sides till golden brown.
6. Remove on a paper towel to soak excess oil. Serve hot with coconut chutney.