This is a simple recipe to make nankites which is a sweet white biscuit. In Goa, we make these for Christmas
1. Boil the ghee and let it harden overnight.
2. Cream the ghee add the fine sugar, maida and make into a dough. Allow the dough to set for 2 hrs. then add half tsp baking powder and vanilla.
3. Break the dough into small balls. Keep space between balls since they raise once they bake
4. Then either add cashew or some other nuts or cherries on top of the dough.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake for appropriately 25-30 minutes. When the nakaties grow in size and appear brownish they are ready. Let then cool and then enjoy.