They are crumbly, soft, smooth baked eggless cookies, spiced with cardamom that can be easily prepared at home. The word Nankhatai is derived from Persian word Naan meaning bread and Khatai from an Afghan word meaning Biscuit. Nankhatai are a famous Goan Christmas sweet distributed as goodies.
1. Mix the flour,rawa,besan and cardamom powder in a bowl.
2. Beat ghee and sugar till fluffy.
3. Add the flour mixture,do not over beat it.
4. Form into 10 balls and flatten them slightly like a biscuit and place them on baking sheet. Make cross design using knife as seen in pictures and garnish with crushed pistachios.
5. Bake them in preheated oven at 180 deg c for 20 - 25 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in an airtight container.