A traditional Marathi sweet dish eaten during festivals.
1. Wash the rice and soak for 10 minutes. In a pan, heat ghee and add cloves and cardamom
2. Add rice to the pan and saute for 5 minutes. Add the grated coconut to it and saute for another 2 minutes
3. Add the water to the pan and let it cook for 7 to 8 minutes on medium flame
4. Add sugar to the cooked rice. Mix till the sugar gets thoroughly mixed with the rice. Cover the pan and let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes to reduce the water.
5. Garnish with cashew nuts, raisins, pistachios and cardamom powder.