Simple sweet dish made with bread, milk, nuts and spices
- Cuisine Indian
- Course Desserts
- Serves 2
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Boil the milk on medium heat till it is reduced to 1/4 stirring occasionally. Once reduced in quantity, add in the sugar and cardamom to the milk and stir well until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat and allow the milk to cool down a bit. This thicken milk is also known as Rabri.
2. Keep saffron dipped in water for 10 mins and use this water plus 1 cup sugar to make sugar syrup. Once the sugar syrup comes to a boil, turn the heat to low and simmer the syrup until it reaches a single thread consistency.
3. In a deep pan, pour in the ghee and shallow fry the bread pieces till they turn light brown and crisp on both sides.
4. Once the bread is crisp, soak the fried bread slices in the prepared sugar syrup for about half a minute and place them in a serving platter.
5. Pour the prepared thicken milk(rabri) over the bread pieces and garnish with almonds. Serve immediately.