Shrikhand is an Indian sweet dish made of strained yogurt.It is one of the main desserts in Maharashtrian cuisine and Gujarati cuisine. Preparation of this dish is very simple but it takes some time to process yogurt properly.
1. Take 2 liters of milk , boil it and make curd (Yogurt) from it.(This is to be done one day earlier )(Or Can use 2 cups of yogurt directly from market). Move the yogurt in a Muslin cloth drain out the water.
2. Hang the Yogurt in the cloth till all the water gets drained for about It 5 to 6 hours.
3. Keep all your ingredients sugar, green cardamom powder, chopped cashew nuts and chopped Almonds aside.
4. Take the dried curd in a bowl and add sugar (granular sugar can also be used, but the next step will take some time)
5. Now mix till all the sugar gets dissolved in the yogurt. (Granular sugar will take around 10 minutes to dissolve).
6. Keep aside for 15 minutes and sieve the mixture in steel vessel, then add green cardamom powder and mix well.(optionally, you can use a few strands of saffron for additional flavour, mix the saffron in 1/4 cup of water and mix well)
7. Garnish it with chopped Cashew nuts and Almonds.