Bhindi is one of my favorite vegetables. Here is my version of stuffed okra.
1. Cut the okra in the center and open it up as shown. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the split okra and set aside.
2. In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil and once hot add carom seeds. Next add finely chopped onion and cook till slightly brown.
3. Add in tomatoes. Also add in the remaining salt, turmeric and red chili powder.
4. Cook until tomatoes are done and most of the water evaporates and set aside to cool. Once the mixture is cooled down completely, stuff it in the okra as shown below.
5. In a large pan heat the remaining oil. Try to use a healthy oil like olive oil or avacado oil since you have to use a large quantity. Add in the crushed garlic and let it brown. Start arranging the okra in the pan.
6. Turn the heat to medium. Sprinkle the chaat masala over the okra. Cover and let it cook for 8-10 minutes. Open, gently turn the okra, add any left over stuffing and let it cook for another 8-10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the fried onions. Enjoy hot with chapati.