One of my favorite vegetables, okra or lady finger, deep fried and tossed in a mix of hot and sour spice mix.
1. Wash and pat dry the okra. Cut into medium sized pieces and set aside.
2. Heat oil for deep frying. Fry the okra till golden brown. This step takes the most time.
3. For the spice mix: In a bowl mix turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, cumin powder and aamchur powder
4. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a separate pan and add carom seeds to it.
5. Next add in the chopped onion and saute till translucent.
6. Add in the spice mix and fried okra.
7. Mix well. Serve hot with chapatis or rotis.