A simple traditional vermicelli snacks with onions and peas.
1. Cut the Onion in to thin slices and chop the green chili
2. Heat the oil in a kadai or heating pan and then add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
3. Add the cut onion and green chilies. Let it fry for 2-3 minutes till the onion turns light brown in color.
4. Add peas and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes. Then add the black pepper powder, turmeric powder,coriander powder, garam masala and salt, and allow it to fry for additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Add the roasted Vermicelli (Note if roasted vermicelli is not available, then roast regular vermicelli on the kadai without oil for 4-5 minutes at the beginning and keep it aside) Mix it well and let it cook with the spices for 2 minutes.
6. Add water and bring it to boil on medium flame. Allow it to cook till all the water dries up.
7. The vermicelli is ready to be served