A common bengali dish made from potato with poppy seed (posta)
1. Cut peeled potatoes in medium sized cubes.
2. Make a paste of poppy seeds (posta) and green chili.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai and add kalanji.
4. Add cut potato and turmeric powder into the Kadhai and stir to mix well.
5. Add salt and cover the Kadhai with a lid.
6. Allow to cook for 5 minutes or so , take out the lid,stir and roast for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add paste of posta (poppy seed) and green chili.
8. Stir and mix properly and allow to cook till almost dry, add sugar.
9. If some gravy is preferred , then add 1/2 cup of water stirred and allowed to boil.
10. Taste for salt chili etc and the dish ready to serve. Goes well with rice or chapati /paratha.