This is a Persian dish made with Dill, Lima Beans and Basmati Rice. This a vegetarian dish which combines delicate flavors of the beans and Dill
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan and saute the onions until slightly brown.
2. Add the lima beans and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped dill leaves and saute for 1 minute.
4. Transfer the contents to a rice cooker. Add 2 cups of water, salt and rice and mix well. Let it cook until the rice is almost done(ie rice should not be completely cooked).The below steps are for presentation and extra flavor but if you want to have the rice as is just cook the rice all the way through.
5. In a bowl, mix 2 teaspoons of hot water,2 teaspoons of oil and pinch of saffron threads and keep aside.
6. In a deep pan, take the cooked lima bean rice and layer upto 1 inch of rice in the bottom. Now add the saffron mixture and cover it with more rice and let roast on a low flame for about 30 minutes. Do not stir. This is to form a crispy layer of rice called Tahdig.
7. Turn off the stove. Take a plate and invert it on the pan and invert the pan so that the rice falls on the plate. Serve Hot.This can be served with greek yogurt raitha or sumac powder.