'Bharlelya Kandyachi Bhaji' is a traditional Maharashtrian dish in which small white onions are stuffed with masala.
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 45 minutes
1. Cut the onions In 4 halves vertically such that the pieces will not be separated, as shown in picture. Make the stuffing, take peanut powder, Kala masala, garam masala, Turmeric powder, salt, jaggery , crushed garlic & 2 tablespoon water and mix it thoroughly to make stuffing as shown .
2. Fill the onions with stuffing as shown.
3. Take cooking oil in fry pan / kadhai, and make tempering .Add Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds , Asafoetida ,turmeric powder in oil and let it splutter, put stuffed onions in fry pan.
4. Close the lid and heat for 2 minutes. Then add water to it and boil for 5 minutes
5. Put the lid on and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Garnish with coriander leaves