Kichdi is a meal made with lentils. It is comfort food for most Indians. Simple ingredients packed with flavor.
- Cuisine Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 8
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 1 hour(s) 10 minute(s)
1. Wash the urad dal. Add water and pressure cook for 3 whistles. Let the cooker cool and open naturally without you letting the steam out.
2. Open the cooker, add salt. Heat a pan for tadka. Add ghee. Add asafetida.
3. Add cumin seeds, green chilies and curry leaves.
4. Also add red chili powder and turmeric powder. Add this tadka into the urad dal.
5. Add the tomato and green peas. Mix well.
6. Pressure cook for another 3 whistles. Mix well. Serve hot with pickle or yogurt.