A Goan preparation for fried cauliflower with coconut.
1. Cut Cauliflower into medium size.
2. Heat oil in a deep vessel on a medium high heat. Add mustard seeds and when the Mustard seeds begins to crackle, add the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds crackle add the curry leaves and Asafetida.
3. Add sliced onion cook on medium heat till they soften, then add ginger garlic paste and cook till the raw smell is gone.
4. Add the cauliflower and green peas. Mix well. Add turmeric powder, green chilies and salt. Add 2-3 tbsp of water. Cover the vessel with a lid and let the cauliflower and green peas cook in steam on low fire, occasionally mixing so it does not stick to the bottom of the vessel.
5. Once the cauliflower is cooked add the sugar and grated coconut. Stir and let the vegetable cook for 5 minutes and add one tsp of garam masala powder.
6. Mix well, switch off the flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve with rice and curry or eat with chapattis.