Who does not like pizza! Here is my recipe to a sweet tangy tomato based pizza sauce that will make you forget the store bought sauces. Its fresh, preservative free and lets you enjoy pizza at home with your choice of toppings.
1. Heat olive oil on medium heat. Add in the finely chopped garlic and saute till it begins to turn slightly brown. Next, add in the finely chopped onions. Saute till translucent.
2. Once the onions are done, add in the tomatoes. Add salt, brown sugar and let the tomatoes cook. If you do not have brown sugar you can use 2 tablespoons of regular sugar.
3. Once the sauce begins to thicken, add in the tomato ketchup.
4. Add carom seeds and freshly ground pepper powder as well.
5. Mix everything together and let the sauce reduce. Stir occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan. Once the sauce has reduced and thickened, add in the freshly chopped basil. Stir one more time, cook for a minute or two and turn the flame off. With this recipe you can make two large pizzas. Add toppings of your choice on a pizza base after lining it with this sauce. Add cheese and enjoy! You can store it in the fridge for upto a week.