Everybody likes the rich creamy veg makhni. Here is a more healthier and simpler version of this famous Indian vegetable curry cooked in a tomato based sauce.
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 4
- Method Stovetop
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 35 minutes
1. In a microwave safe bowl place the diced tomatoes and garlic and cover with 2 cups water. Place in the microwave and heat for 5 minutes under low power. This will cook the garlic and tomatoes.
2. Let the mixture cool and then transfer the contents into a blender. Make a fine puree and set aside.
3. In a sauce pan heat 2 tablespoons of butter. Add in the cumin powder, coriander powder and kashmiri chili powder and saute for a minute.
4. Add in the vegetables and saute for a couple of minutes. I used peas and carrots this time. Cauliflowers can be added too.
5. Add in the blended tomato puree, salt and sugar.
6. Add in kasuri methi, paneer, stir and let the mixture come to a boil.
7. Add in the milk. You could add heavy cream instead of milk which is what is traditionally added. In order to make it more healthy I used milk instead.
8. Serve hot with chapatis or basmati rice.