Here is one of my own creations. Paneer, Indian cottage cheese cubes, cooked in a mild creamy corn gravy.
1. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan. Add the paneer cubes and fry till golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
2. In a mixer, add corn and tomatoes and make into a fine paste.
3. In the same pan that you used to fry paneer, heat another 1/2 tablespoon butter. Once hot, add the cumin seeds and saute for a few minutes. Add in the corn tomato paste and water.
4. Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, kashmiri chili powder, salt and garam masala powder.
5. Add sugar and kasuri methi as well. Crush the kasuri methi/ dry fenugreek leaves between your palms while adding.
6. Stir everything well and let it come to a boil. Once the curry comes to a boil, add the paneer and stir one more time so that the curry coats the paneer. Serve hot with chapati or naan.