This is my own creation influenced by the cuisine of Kerala. A spicy tangy chicken starter made with a mix of different spices and smothered the goodness of curry leaves.
1. Marinate the chicken with turmeric, ginger garlic paste, 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper powder. Marinate for at least an hour.
2. Heat oil in a pan. Once oil is hot add in the chicken pieces, few at a time and fry them till golden brown on either side. You can deep fry the chicken as well.
3. Remove the fried chicken on tissue roll to soak access oil. Set aside. In the same hot oil add chopped ginger, garlic and habanero pepper/ green chilies.
4. Add in the curry leaves once the ginger garlic chili mixture turns brown. Next add in the finely chopped onion and fry till golden brown.
5. Add in the garam masala, cumin powder, chaat masala, salt and red chili powder. Saute for a couple more minutes.
6. Add in the fried chicken and cook for a few more minutes stirring occasionally. Serve hot as an appetizer.