Kolhapuri Chicken Curry is a fiery curry from the land of Kolhapur. It is a very spicy curry cooked in a coconut base.
- Cuisine Maharashtrian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 20
- Method Slow-cook
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s)
1. Marinate the chicken with turmeric, ginger garlic paste, kashmiri and spicy chili powder, salt and set aside. Dry roast all the spices, except 2 bay leaves.
2. Dry roast the coconut as well till it begins to turn brown. Add the spices and coconut to a mixer and blend into a fine paste.
3. Heat ghee. Add the two bay leaves and garlic. Once the garlic turns brown, add the onion.
4. Add in the paste and saute till the oil begins to separate. Add in the chicken. Turn the flame to a slow simmer.
5. Mix everything well. Cover and cook till the oil separates on top. Serve hot with rice or roti along with coriander, onions and lemon wedge.