A traditional summer sweet made of Jackfruit. This recipe uses broken wheat , jaggery and jackfruit .
1. Soak rice for 3 hrs , drain the water and spread it on a muslin cloth for drying. Dry for 30 minutes.
2. Grind the dried rice to a coarse powder.
3. Grind jack fruit to paste in a mixer.
4. Put the Jack fruit paste in a pan, add ground rice and mix.
5. Add jaggery, dessicated coconut, cashewnuts to the jackfruit paste and mix well.
6. Put the vessel on a stove on a low flame and keep stirring continuously for 10-15 minutes (till the paste only heats up).
7. Take two vessel, use your hand and evenly spread the ghee on the vessels. Divide the jack fruit mix into two halves and pour the jackfruit mix into the two greased vessles and place it in the cooker to steam. After 3 whistles and cooking for 10 mins on low flame put the gas off.
8. After removing from the cooker, use a toothpick and pierce into the bhakri. If the tooth pick comes out clean the bhakri is cooked. If not ,cover the pressure cooker and cook on slow flame for a 5 minutes extra. Let the Bhakri cool down and it is ready to serve!