A delicious dessert or birthday treat . Mango mousse and pound cake
- Cuisine Goan
- Course Desserts
- Serves 3
- Method Freeze-chill
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. Using your hand separate the egg yolks and whites as shown the image below. Using an egg beater, whip the egg whites till they are frosty and there is no liquid left in the bowl.
2. In a larger bowl, add the whip cream and using the egg beater whip the cream till soft peaks appear. Add the beaten egg whites and beat the cream till it is thick.
3. Slowly start folding the mango pulp in the cream. Add one tablespoon at a time so that it mixes well. (I don't add sugar since alphonso mangoes are really sweet). Keep beating for about 10 minutes till a thick mix it formed.
4. Add the gelatin or agar powder and mix well.
5. Cut of the edges of the pound cake and cut into small pieces to form the base. pour the mousse into the glass/bowl and let it set for about 2 hours. For garnish, I used mango chunks, grated white chocolate and mint.