A famous snacks of Gujrat, best served with mint chutney. Perfect for a light yet filling evening snacks.
1. Add Semolina, curd, chopped ginger, 1/4th chopped chillie, salt, lemon juice in a mixing bowl and mix well. Keep aside for 40 mins to set the batter. You can add 3 to 4 tbs of water if the curd was too thick to form a smooth batter.
2. After 40 mins add baking Soda and keep aside for another 5mins .
3. Grease a small flat bottom dish with oil or butter and Pour the batter into it.
4. Add water to the streamer and place the dish in the water.
5. Close the lid and steam the batter for 10 mins on medium flame. After 10 mins, check with fork if dhokla is ready (If fork comes out of batter without any batter on it, dhokla is ready. If not, then steam for another 2-3 mins)
6. Cut the dhokla into equal pieces.Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves, sesame seeds and 1/4th chopped chillie.
7. Remove from the flame and pour the tempering over the prepared Dhokla. Serve immediately and garnish with coriander.
8. Mint chutney: Grind mint leaves, coriander leaves and ½ chopped chilie, salt to taste and 2-3 tbs water. Chutney is ready.