These Chicken Drumsticks are inspired by Thai ingredients. These without doubt will be one of the best chicken appetizers you have ever had.
- Cuisine Thai
- Course Appetizers
- Serves 5
- Method Bake
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. In a food processor take shallots, lemongrass, galangal or ginger, garlic, spring onions, coriander leaves. Blend everything together. Now add the chili flakes. Adjust per your spice level, the amount I have put makes the recipe very spicy.
2. Add salt. Make a mixer of soya sauce, vinegar and 1/2 the oil.
3. Add the jaggery. Pulse again. This is your marinade.
4. Take skinless chicken drumsticks. Make cuts in them so that the masala can penetrate inside. Add turmeric, pepper powder and cumin powder to the chicken. Add the above marinade along with peanut butter.
5. Mix everything well. Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 410 degree F. Now in a wide mouthed pan, add the remaining oil and arrange the chicken drumstick. Do not pile one over the other.
6. Let the drumsticks brown on both sides. They don't have to cook fully. This process should take no more than 3 minutes on each side. Next, arrange the drumsticks in a pyrex bowl. Keep the masala aside.
7. Bake in the oven, turning every 10 minutes till the chicken is done.
8. Cook the masala that is remaining in the pan till the oil begins to separate. Toss the cooked wings before serving in this masala. Enjoy hot!