A typical north Indian recipe made by combining the rich flavors of spinach with aloo and simmering it with Indian spices. This dish is garnish with fresh malai or butter.
1. Cut boiled potatoes into cubes and coarsely chop the spinach leaves.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan. Add cumin seeds and garlic to it followed by green chillies.
3. add onions add coriander, red chilli, turmeric powder and saute it until onion turn light golden brown.
4. Add spinach, potato and salt and mix well.
5. Cover with a lid and keep stirring occasionally till the water left by the spinach gets evaporated leaving the dish moist but not completely dry.
6. Optionally you can add a spoon of butter for garnishing.