Curry made with Soya Chunks and Potato served with rice or chapati (Indian flat bread)
- Cuisine North Indian
- Course Main Course
- Serves 5
- Method Pressure Cooker
- Difficulty Easy
- Cook Time 35 minutes
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker. Put 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds(jeera) in oil and roast it until brown.
2. Add Soya chunks to the oil and sautee until medium brown.
3. Take out the Soya chunks and in the same oil shallow fry potatoes. Add more oil if needed.
4. Now put chunks back in the pressure cooker. Add turmeric, fennel powder, salt and 3 cups of water to it. Pressure cook it for around 10-15 mins. Note: Fennel powder is optional. It is one of the main spices used in Kashmiri Cuisine. It thickens the gravy and gives a nice aroma.
5. Chop onions finely. Heat oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions until light brown.
6. Chop tomatoes and mix the same with the onions. Cook it until a paste is formed.
7. Add the remaining spices(red chilli powder,ginger powder,garam masala) in it and cook the mix for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
8. Meanwhile the Chunks and Potatoes would be cooked. Mix the onion tomato gravy with it and let it cook for another 2-3 mins. Aloo Soya is ready to serve.