Bailey's is a Irish cream liquor. Here is a mousse recipe for adults.
- Cuisine American
- Course Desserts
- Serves 8
- Method Freeze-chill
- Difficulty Hard
- Cook Time 2 hour(s) 30 minute(s)
1. In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of water and dissolve the gelatin. Let it stand for about a minute. Then add 2/3 cups of boiling water and dissolve. Set aside to come to room temperature.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, butter and 50 grams of whipping cream. You can use any chocolate chips of your choice, I like milk chocolate and that is what I used. Microwave for around 2 minutes or until the chocolate in melted. Check very 20 seconds or so and stir the mixture for even heating.
3. In a mixing bowl, take chilled whipping cream and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Beat on medium speed until cream doubles in size. At this point add in the vanilla extract.
4. Add in the Irish cream liquor as well. Beat until the mixer triples in size or the whip begins to leave marks on the cream. Add in the gelatin. If your gelatin solidifies, just heat it a little and it should melt again. But make sure that the gelatin is at room temperature when you add it to the mixture.
5. Add in the chocolate mixture as well. Mix until all the chocolate in incorporated. It should be runny and not stiff peaks at the end of it.
6. Transfer the cream into a pipping bag. Cut a large opening in the end and transfer to serving bowls of your choice. Leave in the refrigerator to set for at least 20 minutes. Serve chilled with fruits or chocolate topping! Enjoy!