My husband grew-up in Maharashtra and this is one of his favorites. This is a tea time snack and also eaten during Upas.
1. Soak the Sabudana for at least 4 hours
2. Boil potatoes , peel and mash them.
3. Roast peanuts, deskin them and then grind to paste.
4. Crush fresh ginger and green chillies to form a paste
5. Mix Sabudana, chilli-ginger paste, salt, mashed potatoes, coriander and red chilly powder.
6. With your hands shape the vadas to flat circles like in picture
7. Pre-heat the oven to 425 F. In a tray, spray oil and then add the vadas. Let them cook for 20 minutes and flip over and cook for another 15 minutes. Enjoy hot vadas with ketchup or green chutney