A sweet rice dish made during Sankranthi,the harvest festival of Andhra Pradesh
1. Mix the rice and moongdal and cook with 4 1/2 cups water so that it is really soft.
2. Heat ghee in a pan, roast the cashewnuts and raisins till golden brown. Remove from pan, keep aside.
3. In the same pan, add the coconut and toast and keep aside.
4. In the same pan add the milk and jaggery and let the jaggery melt.
5. Add the cardamom powder, camphor powder, salt and pepper powder and mix.
6. Add the rice and dal mixture and mix. Add the toasted cashews, coconut and raisins. Let it simmer 5 minutes and turn off flame. You can garnish with rock candy pieces.Can be served warm or let cool completely and refrigerate until chilled. You can substitute jaggery with granulated sugar.You can add another half cup of jaggery if you think it is not sweet enough or reduce if you think its enough sweet,few types of jaggery aren't very sweet so adjust as per your taste.